Direct to an emergency department that can provide a gynaecology assessment:
- Uncontrolled vaginal bleeding, or if the woman is haemodynamically unstable.
Criteria for referral to public hospital specialist clinic services
- Unexplained post-coital bleeding.
Information to be included in the referral
Information that must be provided
- Findings from physical examination
- Transvaginal pelvic ultrasound results. (Transabdominal pelvic ultrasound results can be provided for women who are a survivor of sexual assault or have declined a transvaginal pelvic ultrasound.)
- Past medical history (e.g. diabetes, polycystic ovary syndrome)
- Results of recently conducted cervical screening
- Sexually transmitted infections test results.
Provide if available
The Summary and referral information lists the information that should be included in a referral request.
Where appropriate and available the referral may be directed to an alternative specialist clinic or service.
Referral to a public hospital is not appropriate for